About The Seminars
Formulated and run by film & TV makeup veteran Jane Galli, Private Makeup Seminars offers for the FIRST TIME, three decades of knowledge and experience in a compact, informative, and fun-filled seminar. You’ll NEVER get information better than this from an industry leading and WORKING makeup artist.
Each seminar block contains 6 tutorial topics and runs for 3 weeks. Jane will begin each tutorial with a makeup demonstration, explaining her method, and secrets. After the application she will take questions from her students and address specific points of interest. Then she will ask students to repeat the process, helping to correct mistakes until the task is mastered. At the end of your course you will receive a diploma certificate and It is not uncommon for Jane to invite students to work with her on various commercial projects arising after the course. By learning with Jane you begin the opportunity of having her as a lifelong mentor, who is happy to help you with advice and support throughout your career.
What You’ll Learn
- Know what you’ll need: Put together a beauty makeup kit and a special effects makeup kit so you’re ready for any job.
- Know how to set up your station to be ready for your first actor.
- Corrective, Period, Natural, and Contemporary.
- Corrective, Grooming and Natural.
- Cuts, burns, bruising, black eyes, swollen eyes, scrapes and scabs, open wounds, stitched wounds, teeth stain, bullet holes, application of prosthetics both silicone and gelatin.
- Application and blocking out.
RUNNING YOUR DEPARTMENT
- Matching stunt doubles, ordering & trailer supplies, continuity, scheduling additional makeup, and task delegation.
- Organizing your equipment , know what the “ must have’s “ in any makeup trailer.